Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome to Olympic Glory!

Hello, and welcome to my Olympic Glory blog. Every 2 years (yes, I'm counting the Summer and Winter Olympics) I like to play the armchair Olympian. I watch sports that I normally wouldn't watch on TV like volleyball, swimming and heck throw in some kayaking in there. But there's something compelling about the Olympics. I don't know if it's national pride or the drama of watching athletes fulfill their dreams or crash and burn. It just makes good sports drama. So I'll be glued to the TV set this August to the Beijing Olympics. I am Canadian and I don't think our Canadian team will do all that well. That's okay, I'm banking on the Vancouver 2010 Games. While I don't expect many podium finishes from our Canadians, I'll still be tuning in to the greatest sporting show on earth. Join me as I share my opinions on the Games to come!

No comments: